GDPR, POPI and PCI Compliant
We are strongly committed to protecting your privacy and complying with your choices. Both personal and non-personal collected is safeguarded according to the highest privacy and data protection standards adopted worldwide. We have a robust and effective data protection program in place which complies with existing laws and abides by the data protection guidelines therein, as well as ensuring that we comply with the demands relating to GDPR, POPI and PCI (as relevant) in the countries we operate in.
- Your personal information will not be shared, rented, or sold to any third party. Shared information will only include, where applicable, minimal information required, and only be shared with a 3rd party where such 3rd party is providing an outsourced or contracted service to our company, such as, but not limited to, software plugins, addons and/or integrations that require certain information in order to ensure we are able to provide you with world-class service we offer on our “site” and ensure our legal compliances (e.g. financial reporting, deliveries, affiliate programs, marketing campaigns, etc).
- We will process your personal information in a manner that ensures appropriate security, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, to the best of our ability, using appropriately capable technologies and organizational measures, and commit to ensure that such security measures are regularly updated as required by law.
- We will give you the possibility to control the information you have shared with us by providing “opt-out” functionality. You may delete your profile at any time, with all personal information, and only information we are required by law to keep will be held for the periods as defined in our Data Retention Policy.
- We will process any personal information you provide in a lawful, fair, and transparent manner.
- We will only collect your personal information for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes, and it will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes. Further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical and legal purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with our initial purposes.
- All information we collect will be adequate, relevant, and limited to what is necessary in relation to the services we provide for which they are processed.
- We will keep information in a form which permits identification of data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed. Personal information may be stored for longer periods, as per our Data Retention Policy, insofar as the personal information will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or for legal or statistical purposes subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measures required by the GDPR, POPI and PCI acts in the relevant countries in order to safeguard your rights and freedoms.
- We will ensure that all eCommerce transactions following the latest security measures and technologies, and that Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology, one of the safest methods of passing information over the Internet, will be employed when you place online orders or transmit sensitive information.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device.
Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use your Personal Information to –
- Fulfill any orders placed, directly or through the Site, including processing your payment information, arranging delivery/shipping, providing you with order confirmations, invoices, payment receipts, and/or refunds.
- Communicate with you via email, messages, social media and/or phone.
- Screen any orders for potential risk or fraud.
- Subject to your subscription preferences, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use your Device Information to –
- Help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address).
- Improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Provide additional customer experience and services, subject to the options you have permitted when signing up or activated after, such as but not limited to, location.
WHERE DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use provide you the services you have accessed/ joined the Site for, as well as for backend management.
- We use WordPress to power our website.
- We use Woocommerce to power our online store.
- We use The Courier Guy, Aramex or Fastway to arrange deliveries & Quickbooks to provide quotes / invoices and reporting for products you purchase on the Site.
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site.
- We use WooCommerce Affiliates to provide our distributors with an Affiliate program to earn commission and/or points.
- We use Instagram, Facebook & Google to advertise to our members on these social platforms.
- We use Quickbooks to manage our financials and provide financial reporting for management, legal and tax purposes.
- We use Payfast to process any eCommerce transactions on our Site.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect your rights. It is important to note that only the minimum required information will ever be shared, if required, to provide you with the service you expect.
The Site contains links to and from web sites of third parties however we are not responsible for the actions of these third parties, including their privacy practices and any content posted on their web sites or system.
We encourage you to review their privacy policies to learn more about what, why and how they collect and use personal information.
We adhere to industry recognized standards to secure any personal information in our possession, and to secure it from unauthorized access and tampering.
However, as is true with all online actions, it is possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept transmissions of personal information, or other users of the Site may misuse or abuse your personal information that they may collect from the Site.
- Date/time of banner ad shown.
- The banner ad that was shown.
- Their cookie.
- The IP addresses.
This information can also be used for online preference marketing purposes.
If you want to prevent a third-party advertiser from collecting data, currently you may either visit each ad network’s web site individually and opt out or visit the NAI gateway opt-out site to opt-out of all network advertising cookies. Details are listed in the Behavioural Advertising section of this policy.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you.
You can opt out of targeted advetising by opting out as follows:
- Access you profile on our Site and opt out of any marketing service.
- Click the unsubscribe / opt-out link at the bottom of any marketing email we send you.
- Disable targeted advertising in Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads.
- Disable targeted advertising in Google at https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous.
- Disable targeted advertising in Bing at https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads.
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK?
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a “Do Not Track” signal from your browser.
When you provide your personal information, you consent that it can be used for the above purposes and that you are an authorized holder of such information. If you choose not to register or provide personal information, you can still use our website, but you will not be able to receive additional services or access certain areas that require registration. When you register or activate your account, you are providing your consent to occasionally receive information from us. In each communication from us you will have the opportunity to unsubscribe from further communications, alternatively, you may contact us to express your choices at the address provided at the bottom of this page.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You are entitled to review the personal information you have provided us and ensure that it is accurate and current at all times.
To review or update this information simply access your profile/account at www.stuck2u.co.za or request that we send you this information.
It is important that you understand that you have a significant role in protecting your information. As such it is important that you keep your username and password secret and not share that with anyone, as well as ensuring that you have the necessary secure connection to the internet, and that your device is clean and clear of viruses, trojans, malware, spyware, etc.
We retain information as long as it is necessary to provide the services requested by you and others, subject to any legal obligations to further retain such information.
Information associated with your account will generally be kept until it is no longer necessary to provide the services or until you ask us to delete it or your account is deleted whichever comes first.
ENFORCEMENT OF THIS POLICY
If for some reason you believe that we are not adhering to the principals we have outlined in this policy, please notify us and we will do our best to promptly make corrections where possible.
COMPLIANCE BY LAW
We are committed to adhering to the laws relating to privacy of personal information of our members/customers in the countries they reside, and will ensure that this policy is always updated to reflect any significant changes that affect the way with how we deal with personal information.
If any of your Personal Information is accessed unlawfully by a 3rd Party due to no negligence by us and having kept within the standards as required by law, we can then not be held liable for such a data breach.
We are however committed to ensure that we always have the best security measures and firewalls in place to prevent such breaches, as much as is possible and required by law.
TITLES AND SUBTITLES
The titles and sub-titles used in this policy are used for convenience only and are not considered in construing or interpreting this policy.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of this policy will in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provisions in this agreement.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
STUCK2U LABELS, PO BOX 1800, DURBANVILLE, 7550, CAPE TOWN